Monday, July 27, 2009

Washington DC Chronicles-My Reflections


I just returned from my first trip to our nation's Capitol. It was all at once exciting, overwhelming, emotional and frustrating. I want to share what I learned, mostly for me to remember the thoughts, observations and emotions and sharing them with you, my gentle readers.

Let me just say how many wonderful, honest, non-agenda driven Americans I met on our trip. I was amazed at the crowds of people just wanting to get in touch with "their America". What is sad is how many people are there with an agenda, an agenda that is not necessarily in our best interest.

As we were leaving, my son bought a t-shirt in Washington that said this:
"I love my country; it's the government I'm afraid of.

I don't know if my Polyanna optimism is there yet, but it is close. Especially after the things I saw.
So, the literary adventure begins...

4 comments:

  1. That is the COOLEST t-shirt saying! Your son is a chip off the old block. I almost said chip off the old blog, but that would be OK too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DC is beautiful isn't it? I love going to Lincoln Memorial. That is my thinking place. Whenever anything is really on my mind, you can find me there.

    Too bad I didn't know you were here, I could have shown you some off the beaten track places.

    Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look fwd to reading about your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After going through this aurtical i have decided to bookmark this site found this really interesting & thanks a lot for keeping the blog Lively with such interesting blogs.


    ___________________
    Britney
    Online Marketing of your brand

    ReplyDelete